Bronze Medallion and Surf Rescue Certificate
Participants will get Nationally Recognised Credentials in:
- First Aid
- CPR and perform Defibrillation
- Participate in aquatic rescue operations
- Surf Awareness
After finishing the course the participant will be able to become a Life-Saver or do water safety for juniors.
The Course Consists of:
- Online learning modules and assessments
- 5 Sessions at the Club consisting of both Beach and Classroom activities followed by a final day of scenario based practical assessments.
- Age 13 (by date of final assessment) for Surf Rescue Certificate
- Swim 200m in a pool in 5 Minutes
- Age 15 (by date of final assessment) for Bronze Medallion
- Swim 400m in a pool in 9 minutes
Course fee $100 ($90 for cadets 13-18 in full time education) includes access to online modules and printed course manual, certificate, uniform (if patrolling) and medallion and first year club patrol membership. Cadets 13-18 can use NSW Active Kids Voucher .